Nov 24, 2007

GEOPROBE

It’s the name I gave when I called the Revenue Canada to register it for getting GST number. The name just came up, as it’s so close to my mind. Most possibly, that’s always the name I put whenever I need to sign up in professional sites acquiring company name. It was just fictious. I never thought of having own company but my husband does.

The 2 contract jobs I got at the end of this year in fact took me to the idea of making a small consultant company. Initially, one of my hubby’s friend suggested us to get a GST number submitted to the employer if hired as contractor so that we can claim some expense for more return in tax reporting every April. He said just easily call Revenue Canada with quick option, a GST number will be instantly created. I did call the toll free number, in a minute I got the GST number. Then, they asked me to voluntarily register my business too. OK I thought why not, it won’t hurt me. It’s free anyway.

Less than a week, I got confirmation letter from the Revenue. Very surprising, as normally if you deal with Govt, their response is always super slow. My hubby said, not this matter as they will get money from me. Aha! No wonder.

What I need to do, report my income from Geoprobe from next June. They give me extra time, supposed to be April. So from now on, I have to file all receipts of the expenses made for the Geoprobe. I did buy a new laptop, scanner, and other office stuffs which in fact I used for the work. I am hoping to get some return when I report them next year.