Oct 28, 2007

Finalization

I've been in no-posting mode for almost 2 months. Got no desire at all to share all ideas, happenings here to my sis and gals. I held them off, though once ideas came across and thought of writing it here.

Anyway, I try finally to sum up :

- OTG, I got a job at an oilsands business company. I should say FINALLY after about 6 months trying to find the realistic one and had to decline one unrealistic job offer last month. Implies that I don't need to sacrifice my family unity, that job can be done in flextime and decent work hour. SO relieved, though it won't start till Jan'08. Hoping that they take me earlier especially this time when winter drilling started.

- So, in that case finding a dayhome is urgent for Rafee. Today, I ended my dayhome search at one family dayhome whose a great playroom colorful wall decoration, a lot of toys and also got play area at the backyard to enjoy the sunny day. The most important one, the provider is very friendly and competent as a caregiver. She's meet all my requirements. Frankly, I am so weary of the search. In 3 weeks, more than 10 dayhomes I called to make appointment to visit. To check, to see how are the kids. Are they happy? Is the provider confident in giving the care, the loves. What they do? What they eat. I asked almost everything. I am so glad today, I finalized it.
- On the other hand, I still dream on continuing my geothermal profession here, in the city boomed by oilsands. Last month, I was networked with one geothermal company in Vancouver whose projects are mostly located in Nevada. They called to chat to know more what I have done in geothermal industry. They wanted me to join in Vancouver which unfortunately made me think twice as I can't sacrifice my family to move there just for the sake of my career ambition. Negotiation is still on the way for the possibility to work as a freelance geologist, based in my own home office with limited travel as needed. Neat. Hoping it happens.

- When you google me, you may find I've signed up a number of imaginative social networking i.e. Twitter , facebook, and LinkedIn. The latter is more job related. The former I found it so cool, microblogging provider for instant messaging to answer such questions of what ru doin'? what ru up to? what've u been up to? But the Facebook is SUPERCOOL! It got number of extraordinary applications using some imaginative spooky icons, attractive and more specific actions that can be directed to anybody in your network. In one day, enough made me a virtual
network junkie. Huh..

- I 've bought some healthy treats welcoming kids wearing spooky costumes who will knock our door next Wed. I found a local phone/internet operator here support the Halloween providing Pumpkin patrol in some communities for a safer Halloween. They will ensure little ghosts and spooky faces are safe and happy. I have a plan to accompany my 5yr old niece who's visiting us around the Halloween, holding Rafee with a Bear costume, begging for sweet treats from neighbors. Gonna be their first exciting fun experience.

No comments: